Do you ever feel that there's too much bad news? Everywhere you look... the newspaper, television, internet, there's another horrific story. Do you often find that the world is drowning in destruction?
Why is it so hard to get away from all the negativity?!
The negativity can end with you. Randy Gage posted a recent blog called Live Rich and here's what we took from it:
Prosperity begins with you.
You can start by living rich. Wake up with gratitude, celebrate life and cherish the people and moments around you. Get the money thing out of the way. Find ways to serve, not because you’re obligated to, but because you desire to.
People who are hurting are hard-pressed to help the afflicted. Become successful yourself. Get your own needs met. Please. Live rich.
Then view the world with compassion, live by the principle of fair exchange, but try your best to out-give the universe.
- Say ‘thank you.’
- Over tip.
- Speak for those who can’t speak for themselves.
- Take care of the street musicians and the buskers.
- Mentor someone.
- Smile more.
- Forgive everyone. Including yourself.
- Support the arts. Lots of them.
- Show gratitude for the soldiers that protect your country.
- Have lunch in the park.
- Send someone flowers.
- Respect the elderly.
- Give someone a hug.
- Schedule a sunrise viewing.
- Find a charity you believe in and support it.
- Allow dignity and rights to every human you meet.
These actions may seem simple, almost inconsequential to the challenges we face. But that’s the only way we make the world a better place: One person at a time, beginning with ourselves.
Don't let headlines get you down. Being a Better Human and living rich begins with you and your thoughts.
Which of these actions will you do today to start making your life richer?