Nick Saban. Leader of the Crimson Tide. Some people love him, some hate him. One thing is for sure, he can't be ignored. Upon hearing him at Leadercast, you couldn't help but love the serious, yet loving man upon the stage. He shared with us his pyramid of success, and now, we share it with you. From the coach himself:
• Be a team. Teamwork begins with everyone making the same commitment to the values of an organization’s culture. Get the right people on the bus, in the right seats, and get the wrong people off.
• Be positive. Maintain a positive energy. Change your attitude and be conscious of those who bring your team down.
• Be accountable. Hold others to the same standards and encourage them to rise up when they fall short.
• Be consistent. Consistent work ethic leads to consistent execution and success.
• Be perseverant. When difficult circumstances or challenging obstacles arise, don’t give up. Persevere and keep going. Every obstacle is an opportunity to grow, improve, or fight harder for another victory.
We're all working to be better here. Whether it's a leader for a football team, for your job, or a better leader for yourself, these are all things we can take note of.
Visionary leaders think about what’s next and how they can continue to build. Success is momentary, but maintaining vision enables leaders to prepare for the future. We ask one last thing, what choices are you going to make to accomplish the vision you want to have?